What does it take to become a full stack web developer? You need to know: server side coding, database design, HTML, CSS, algorithm development, file manipulation, routing, API integration, and the list goes on and on. This course walks you step-by-step through every skill you will need, and does so by showing you how to build an actual production application. Starting completely from scratch, you'll learn how to set up your environment, create the application, build in advanced features, and finally deploy to the web!
- Learn to build applications w/ Ruby on Rails with 38 lectures & 6.5 hours of content
- Study Rails scaffold generators
- Learn how to use git repositories
- Build custom file uploaders & downloaders
- Understand database modeling & query generation
- Create & handle form data for input into the database
- Set up secure user logins
- Build a search engine for the app
- Learn HTML & CSS customization
- Use the Rails console
- Deploy the application to a live website
- See how the Model - View - Controller (MVC) framework works in action
- Study object oriented programming (OOP)
Jordan Hudgens has been a software engineer for the past decade and has traveled the world building applications and training individuals on a wide variety of topics ranging from programming techniques to Microsoft Office solutions.
With a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Jordan focuses on project driven education, as opposed to pure theory based development. This style of teaching is conducive to learning how to actually build products in a short period of time.
Jordan currently develops projects for clients in a number of different industries utilizing a variety of programming languages and frameworks, including: Ruby on Rails, Java, PHP, Swift, and AngularJS.
Details & Requirements
- Length of time users can access this course: lifetime
- Access options: web streaming
- Certification of completion not included
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Experience level required: all levels
- Instant digital redemption