When developing for today's web user, you have to consider devices of varying screen sizes: tablets, smartphones, and more. Here, you'll learn to craft responsive websites that provide an optimal viewing experience on them all. Utilize HTML5 and CSS3 to convert fix-width layouts, format layouts that adapt to different browser sizes, and more, and acquire the skills you need to quickly and efficiently create your own responsive website.
- Build a responsive site from mockup to HTML & CSS implementation w/ over 2 hours of content
- Understand the pros & cons of responsive web design compared to other techniques
- Build a fluid layout starting from a digital mockup
- Create breakpoints in a layout & write the code to modify your site layout at each breakpoint
- Test & maintain your responsive code on different devices
- Format headers, footers & column layouts that adapt to different browser sizes
- Target specific viewports to present an optimized view of your site for a given device
Joshua Miller is a freelance web designer, college professor, and interactive artist living in eastern Pennsylvania. He has taught animation, web/graphic design, game design, and programming at various colleges, and currently holds a tenure-track position at Kutztown University. He also teaches part-time at Lehigh University, and runs a successful freelance design business on the side. His true interests lie in the intersection of design and programming, specifically the creation of digital interactive work.